Tuesday, August 28, 2012

auntie anne's pretzels: copycat recipe


Here is the direct link for: Auntie Anne's Pretzels: Copycat Recipe.

Looking around Pinterest, I noticed that there are at least three pins that claim to be copycats of Auntie Anne's Pretzels. Which is truly the right one? I guess we'll have to try them all. But not all today.

This recipe comes from the blog, Yammie's Noshery. The blog's author, Yammie, loves Auntie Anne's pretzels especially ones that are fresh and haven't been sitting around all day! Doesn't everyone?

I am not a huge fan of Auntie Anne's pretzels, but my kids sure are. So this pin is for them. My daughter, Hannah, helped make these. In fact, she did the mixing and kneading all by herself. I helped with the rolling and twisting. On another blog I found this YouTube video that helped us with the rolling and twisting part, see below.



I never could get the twist-thing down, but they were decent-looking enough. Just remember to have fun.

In the end, do they taste like Auntie Anne's? Not really. Our pretzels puffed up a bit while baking and although they were tasty, it was a little doughy for my tastes. But my kid's absolutely loved them!

In my blog surfing for other copycat Auntie Anne's pretzel recipes, I noticed a recipe used one cup of bread flour and 3 cups all-purpose flour, rather than my recipe that was all all-purpose flour. This other blog said that the bread flour adds in chewiness to the pretzels. This I would of like to have in my pretzels, more chewiness.

FYI. Next time try this recipe from: Sprinkles of Parsley.


The red pin award for fun to make. And the kids sure loved them even if I didn't!

P.S.  I realized in the process of making these that I do like soft pretzels but I like mine with an egg yolk coating. You know the shiny-skin ones!



Happy pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment